A logical step for your professional evolution.
In the early stages of your career, there’s a certain level of excitement in being part of a Big 4 accounting firm. The depth of experience and knowledge you gain is also something you really can’t obtain anywhere else.
At CFGI, we continue to attract top-level professionals from Big 4 firms. These are people who are looking to redefine their career trajectories — in a way that aligns with their big-picture goals and lifestyle needs. They quickly appreciate our steady stream of challenging projects, a collegial environment where they can continually grow and evolve, and the opportunity to make more of an impact in their daily work.
The kind of people we look for.
The people we tend to hire have a number of important characteristics. Their persevering spirit is enhanced by a truly collaborative mindset. They are willing to go above and beyond on a daily basis for our valued clients. They take ownership in the integrity and success of each and every project.
In return, CFGI offers compensation packages that exceed the industry norm. We also strive to help our team members maintain a sensible work/life balance — which we feel is essential to reward and maximize the intensity and value of their efforts.
Take a look at our list of available positions, which is continually updated to address our firm’s evolving needs. If CFGI sounds like the right fit, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the CFGI Valuation Practice your job will be to help clients in navigating through various complex debt and equity transactions in a multifaceted business environment. We advise a multitude of public companies and private enterprises operating in a variety of industries on a wide range of valuation considerations related to financial and tax reporting.
Our Valuation Practice professionals work on a wide range of services including valuation of business enterprises, complex debt and equity instruments, and intangible assets for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, IPOs, dispute resolution, financial reporting, and tax purposes.
Work you’ll do
- Financial reporting valuations for business combinations (purchase price allocations), including enterprise valuation and intangible assets, inventory, deferred revenue, contingent consideration, debt and equity components analyses.
- Valuation of goodwill and asset impairment testing for financial reporting purposes.
- Valuation of common stock securities of private enterprises for financial and tax reporting purposes (409a analysis).
- Valuation of complex derivatives and debt instruments for financial reporting purposes.
- Valuation for tax purposes, including federal, state, local, international and personal tax, as well as services related to a client’s allocation of purchase price for tax purposes only.
- Advising clients on business plan development, strategic investment decisions, or other financial objectives
Qualifications you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience performing valuation analyses for financial reporting purposes (ASC 805, ASC 350, ASC 820, ASC 718) is required. Big 4 experience is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of generally accepted valuation approaches (cost, market and income), including discounted cash flow, guideline public company/ transaction, excess earnings, relief from royalty, with/without, comparative sales and replacement cost methods, capital asset pricing model, etc.
- Experience in valuation of complex debt and equity instruments is strongly preferred.
- Strong excel modeling skills.
- Exceptional writing skills in preparation of valuation reports, exhibits, memos, and other client deliverables/communication.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as team building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business.
- CFA, ASA, ABV is preferred.