Risk Advisory Consultant
Who We Are:
Corporate Finance Group, Inc. (“CFGI”) was founded in 2000 by former Big 4 professionals. CFGI is an established industry leader with the resources to successfully navigate today’s complex accounting, reporting, compliance, tax, and operational finance matters. An assemblage of top-flight professionals with in-depth public accounting expertise, CFGI is able to fulfill a variety of client needs without the restrictions of auditor independence.
We provide our clients with a unique combination of integrity, flexibility, creative solutions, and deep technical expertise. Many of our clients are global, market-leading, publicly-held companies, while others are privately held, early-stage or venture-backed emerging businesses. Here at CFGI, we place a high value on a culture of continued learning, where teamwork is encouraged, and excellent professional service is rewarded. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of very challenging opportunities throughout your career.
CFGI consultants work as part of a team with other CFGI professionals, clients, and external auditors (or other professional service firms) on a variety of facets of the engagements. These include Finance Internal Audit, IT Internal Audit, SOX implementation, SOX testing, business process improvement projects, compliance, and other assessments.
• performing finance and, if requested, IT controls testing,
• creating process narratives, flowcharts and risk and control matrices
• drafting engagement scope, project plans, testing approach and specific procedures;
• performing risk assessments
• demonstrating creativity in problem-solving and top-level efficiency and effectiveness;
• strong written and oral communication with external auditors and client management;
• performing walkthroughs/interviewing client contacts;
• identifying areas for improvement and value-add;
• developing relationships with client contacts;
• assisting with managing engagement economics; and
• business development with new and existing clients.
Furthermore, all team members, from the Consultant level and up, build their skills by assisting the Firm’s leadership with internal responsibilities, which include: training, internal projects, and the continual improvement of the Risk Advisory Practice and Firm.
Who You Are:
• MSA, CPA and/or MBA preferred but not required;
• 2 to 5 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting and/or industry performing internal audit;
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams;
• Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of SOX General Controls, COSO, SOC 1, and SOC 2;
• Effective analytical and critical thinking abilities;
• Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical, and dependable;
• Strong project management skills;
• Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting;
• High energy with a commitment to quality client service; and
• Very strong performance within a team dynamic.