· Lead month-end closing duties, which include ensuring close timeliness and accuracy, account reconciliations, accruals, journal entry preparation/posting, and variance analyses.
· Manage all aspects of day-to-day accounting functions and provide guidance to team members, ensuring effective team support.
· Help prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual board packages and presentations.
· Analyze and interpret financial information pertaining to the company’s performance.
· Achieve an understanding of operations to weigh in on business trends.
· Work with management team to develop cash flow forecasts and annual budgets.
· Work effectively to automate financial reporting.
· Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
· Act as a financial advisor to members of leadership.
· Recommend/Provide ad-hoc management reporting, supported by your own data analysis for the organization.
· You bring creativity, a sense of urgency, positivity, and analytical rigor to the pursuit of our mission and growth.
· You are a thoughtful team leader skilled at establishing business priorities and the ability to persuasively gain alignment with internal and external business partners.
· You are an “owner”, and you bring projects from inception to completion in a highly organized manner and with little or no supervision.
· You excel in a high-impact position within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
· You are very comfortable (and enjoy) collaborating closely with team members at all levels and being accountable for concurrent high-priority projects.
· You have superior written and oral communication skills, data visualization and presentation skills.
· You are extremely detailed oriented.
· 15+ years of experience in an accounting and finance environment.
· Must have been a Controller for an operating company for at least five years.
· Experience working in private equity backed companies.
· Familiarity with credit agreements/covenants/ addbacks.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting.
· Active CPA certification.
· Ability to travel when normal travel does resume.
· Multi-industry discipline as well as previous public accounting is a plus.