CFGI is a unique and highly specialized financial consulting firm that is strategically positioned to assist the office of the CFO through a range of routine and complex business scenarios. As an extension of your corporate finance team, CFGI works alongside your internal staff, serving in a variety of roles from technical accounting advisor, M&A support, tax services, etc. delivering seamless support services.
The Director of Credit and Collections will lead the firm’s global credit and collections process by optimizing people, processes, and technology to maximize cash flow, mitigate risk, and reduce bad debt exposure while focusing on client retention. This role requires building partnerships with internal and external key stakeholders and driving continuous process improvement within the function.
As this is a newly created role, we are looking for a talented leader who will be integral to the build-out of CFGI’s credit and collections activities within the current accounting and finance function. You should be a strategic self-starter, but more importantly, process-oriented and operationally driven. You should be able to work independently at times but also collaborate with the broader accounting and finance team, as well as fellow departments and practice line leaders to identify needs and solutions. Above all, you should be a client service leader who is focused on helping your team members be their best and continually learn new skills.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
· Set the strategic direction for CFGI and execute programs that align with the firm strategy.
· Influence processes and behaviors by identifying areas for improvement.
· Manage the company’s cash flows (~$400M revenue), while ensuring robust collection strategies.
· Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with the Partner and Managing Director Group.
· Work with CFGI’s outside counsel to pursue collections and manage bankruptcies through the appropriate legal channels.
· Implement metrics to manage and monitor operational performance.
· Ensure appropriate risk management regarding the company’s AR.
· Establish and maintain constructive relationships with external client executives.
· Maintain a robust controls framework.
· Drive automation opportunities that can improve efficiency for the team.
Here’s What You Will Bring to the Table:
· 10+ years of leadership experience in credit and collections.
· 5+ years of relevant working experience, preferably within a professional services/consulting environment.
· Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate diverse teams.
· Ability to diagnose and fix problems related to process, technology, strategy, and people.
· Exceptional ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
· Excellent stakeholder engagement and management.
· Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication.