CFGI seeks a highly motivated tax senior manager or director to lead CFGI’s Flow-Through tax practice. The manager must be willing to take on challenging tax compliance and consulting projects that are unique and different from typical tax return compliance, including general tax consulting related to M&A. This role will require working directly with clients, often on-site, and demands strong relationship building skills. A thorough understanding of partnership taxation is critical, as are strong people and project management skills. This role will report to the Managing Partner of tax.
· Review of federal and state income tax compliance for partnerships, S-Corporations and various other private equity structures.
· Support client tax department through various project specific roles, such as being an outsourced tax manager or assisting with restructuring and potentially work on site for the project duration.
· Assist clients with project management and implementation of new tax technology and process improvements.
· Assist clients with M&A transactions, often with regards to tax due diligence.
· Provide clients with verbal and/or technical memos on tax issues pertaining to partnership taxation and tax reform.
· Knowledgeable of private equity related tax adjustments, partner allocations, foreign filings, and other client filing obligations.
· Assist with planning and other special projects.
· Work directly with clients on-site and build a team of managers and consultants.
· Establish relationships with internal tax leaders.
· Have experience and a continued interest in developing/mentoring junior team members.
· Tax accounting experience is desirable but not required.
· Participate and actively contribute to new business development activities
· Detail oriented; strong research and analytical skills.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills, (oral/written) interpersonal skills, and project management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to be accountable for independently completing assignments.
· Experienced with Microsoft Excel and corporation/partnership tax software.
· Capable of collaborating and communicating with people of different technical backgrounds and roles.
· Must be self-confident, a self-starter and willing to work in a flexible and dynamic work environment.
· Eight plus years overall experience in Big-4 public accounting and/or industry.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Master’s in taxation and CPA is preferred.
· Travel –be willing to travel to client sites in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington DC on a short or long-term basis.