· Managing the tax notice process, including timely response to, and tracking of Federal and State jurisdictional tax notices and gathering supporting documents as needed.
· Responsible for opening and scanning notices and distributing notices to different teams.
· Performing research on notices received, including calling the applicable tax authority.
· Maintaining and updating the notice portal.
· Drafting written response to tax authorities and follow up on resolution.
· Assisting with the tax return filing process, including obtaining signatures, preparing payment support, coordinating mailings, and saving down returns to internal network.
· Supporting the legal entity management function by preparing basic IRS forms as needed (SS-4’s, 8832 Election Forms) and tracking legal entity information in the appropriate databases.
· Responsible for gathering all external entity K-1s for timely delivery and maintaining an external entity K-1 tracker.
· Managing the tax refund tracker, including saving down refund checks, providing support, and calling tax authorities as needed.
· Responsible for completing entities’ formation, modification, and liquidation requests that come through the Entity Lifecycle Manager (ELM) for successful/complete delivery of information.
· Assisting with calculating return of capital, profit and capital call amounts and presenting the computations in letters to investors.
· Maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive and confidential issues; assisting in a wide variety of projects as reasonably assigned.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a business-related field.
· Extremely meticulous and organized.
· A self-starter with the ability to prioritize and see the bigger picture.
· Strong research and problem resolution skills.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
· High integrity and must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information.
· Advanced PC skills and excellent Microsoft Office skills.
· Intermediate level Excel skills.