Corporate Finance Group, Inc. (“CFGI”) was founded in 2000 by former Big 4 professionals. CFGI is an established industry leader with the resources to successfully navigate today’s complex accounting, reporting, compliance and tax landscape. An assemblage of top-flight professionals with in-depth public accounting expertise, CFGI can fulfill a variety of client needs without the restrictions of auditor independence.
We provide our clients with a unique combination of integrity, flexibility, creative solutions, and deep technical expertise. Many of our clients are global, market leading, publicly held companies, while others are privately held, private equity-owned, early stage or venture backed emerging businesses. Here at CFGI we place a high value on a culture of continued learning, where teamwork is encouraged, and excellence professional service is rewarded. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of very challenging opportunities throughout your career
HR Operations Manager
This role will report to the Vice President of Human Resources and will oversee establishing, managing, and optimizing many of CFGI’s critical HR functions. CFGI is a rapidly growing company with offices across the United States and a lean HR function today. This offers a great opportunity for a technical, detail-oriented, and diligence HR professional to make an impact and advance their career.
· Coordinate the annual performance review, promotion, and compensation cycle. This includes organizing and working with each line-of-business leader to complete 3 performance reviews each year, determine promotion decisions at year-end, manage base salary raises and bonus at year-end, and set performance goals for the upcoming year.
· Work with CFGI’s benefits broker and benefits administration provider to ensure compliance, management open enrollment, and address day-to-day employee inquiries/concerns.
· Manage compliance with (1) all federal, state, and local regulations related to employment law (EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, ACA, COBRA, DOL, workers comp, OHSA, etc.), and (2) internal policies and procedures (paid time off, benefits, 401(k), audits and filings, etc.).
· Collaborate with VP of HR and company’s leaders to design and improve systems for improved functionality and performance.
· Manage employee onboarding and oversee the onboarding coordinator and/or office managers. (Note: CFGI’s recruiting functions operates independently from HR so this role doesn’t require recruiting new employees; it picks up the new hire onboarding after the new hire accepts the position).
· Manage employee offboarding and ensure offboarding procedures are followed (last payroll day, termination of system access, etc.).
· Work with payroll team to ensure that semimonthly payroll is completed, and that employee census and records are accurately maintained.
· Work with VP of Human Resources and other executives to deliver clear and concise employee communications (e.g., newsletters, employee handbook, guides).
· Work with HR team to ensure that that HR- and payroll-related inquiries are responded to promptly and completely.
· Make recommendations and implement changes to CFGI’s HR function to support a culture of continual improvement.
· Maintain end user technical support and problem solving, process flow documentation and process change requests; research and resolve HR systems technical problems.
· Assist with data collection for VP of HR and DE&I Committee to gather select analytics on pay equity, attrition, and other relevant items.
· Other ad-hoc projects as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 5+ years of management experience within HR.
· Experience working in a high growth environment.
· Ability to manage workload with high data integrity, accuracy, and responsiveness.
· Proficiency at critical business applications (Microsoft word and excel, collaboration tools like Asana and Teams, HRIS platforms like ADP).
· Experience with implementing and executing efficient processes that are well-defined and easy-to-understand across a large organization.
· High level of customer service.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Experience with HR reporting & data analysis.