CFGI seeks a highly motivated tax senior manager/director to lead its’ team of tax managers and consultant in a fast-paced and technically challenging work environment. CFGI’s unique client base of venture/PE- backed privately held companies to global multi-billion dollar fortune 500 Companies provides for a unique environment for highly motived self-starters to continue and enhance their careers.
This position reports directly to the Partner-in-Charge of Tax and will require an in-depth knowledge of corporate state income tax, indirect taxes, and state compliance. The individual in this position should have a proven record of building successful tax teams, and working closely with executive and operational leadership both within CFGI and within the “C” Suite of executives that are part of CFGI’s client base. Strong people and project management skills are also a must.
· Review stand-alone and consolidated state “C-Corp” income tax returns prepared by tax managers and other tax staff.
· Assist with planning and other special projects.
· Establish relationships with internal and external tax personnel; support other CFGI team members and possess a strong interest in developing and mentoring junior team members.
· A track rack record of successful business development experience a plus.
· Knowledge of evaluation process and enhancement of client’s Indirect tax processes and/or systems.
· Possess a deep knowledge of state and local tax sales and use tax laws and regulations.
· Experience with planning, restructuring, audit defense, reverse audits and controversy work.
· Experience with Sales Tax software applications such as Avalara and Vertex.
· Ability to conduct tax research related to consolidated/unitary filing requirements, apportionment methodologies, and various multi-state issues.
· Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills (oral/written) and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to be accountable for independently completing assignments.
· Eight plus years of broad based, relevant public accounting/or corporate tax experience.
· Experience in Big-4 public accounting firms.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field; Master’s in Taxation/or CPA/Member of the Bar preferred.
· Travel – own transportation required; be willing to travel to local client sites.