As a payroll coordinator, you will join the internal accounting and finance team and be a key contributor to the overall business. CFGI is a unique and highly specialized financial consulting firm that is strategically positioned to help companies through a range of routine and complex business scenarios.
Work you’ll do:
· Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll in the U.S. in a multi-state environment.
· Maintain payroll records by managing systems and the collection, calculation, and input of payroll information into ADP.
· Respond to and engage with employees regarding payroll, taxes, benefit questions, and
general requests in a professional and efficient manner.
· New hire training (focus on timesheets/payroll / benefits).
· Familiarity with the following laws and compliance issues: ACA reporting, EEO-1 reporting,
registration for states and local taxes, compliance with workers compensation, unemployment
insurance, family medical leave registration, and compliance.
· Comply with federal, state, and local taxation and regulatory requirements, research existing and new legislation, and advise management on any necessary compliance actions.
· Preparation of payroll journal entries and performing reconciliations between the general
ledger and the payroll system on a monthly or quarterly basis.
· Act as a liaison with other business functions, including ensuring timely processing of new hires and terminations.
· Assist with payroll analyses and ad hoc reporting as needed.
· Amendment processing (ADP Workforce Now experience).
· Serve as the back-up to the office and employee support administrators.
Who you are:
· You are detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task.
· You have great analytical and problem-solving skills.
· You will do what it takes to ensure deadlines are met and your work product is accurate.
· You have an ability to prioritize across several areas of responsibility.
· You are a team player and can collaborate with other people within the organization.
· You like taking on new things and are not afraid to bring up new ideas.
· At least two to five years of experience processing payroll.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
· Knowledge of basic office systems & Microsoft suite; ADP Workforce Now experience is highly preferred.