As a member of CFGI’s rapidly growing Risk Advisory team, you will support CFGI client teams responsible for performing various types of project engagements including SOX compliance reviews, internal audits, and operational reviews of business processes / systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Contribute to an assortment of risk-based, challenging internal audit assignments and projects
· Develop business process flowcharts using Visio (or equivalent tools)
· Create control narratives and risk and control matrices for complex business processes
· Interact regularly with process / control owners to understand current business processes, key controls, system dependencies, employee roles / responsibilities, etc.
· Create test plans, gather evidence for testing, and execute testing procedures to determine process / control effectiveness
· Perform control design evaluations and testing of key controls associated with areas under review
· Document testing results through high-quality work papers (i.e., clear description of procedures performed and related audit results / observations)
· Identify root causes of issues and effectively summarize testing results / conclusions
· Draft formal reports for Manager / Director / Partner review and issuance to clients
· Propose meaningful and cost-effective recommendations / solutions for process and/or control improvement to support client remediation needs
· Demonstrate creativity in problem solving and optimizing efficiency and effectiveness of assigned tasks
Furthermore, Managers are expected to assist the Firm’s leadership with internal responsibilities for training, internal projects, and the continual improvement of the Risk Advisory team.
Who You Are:
MSA, CPA and/or MBA preferred but not required;2 to 5 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting and/or industry performing internal audit; Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams; Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of SOX General Controls, COSO, SOC 1, and SOC 2;Effective analytical and critical thinking abilities; Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical, and dependable; Strong project management skills; Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting; High energy with a commitment to quality client service; and very strong performance within a team dynamic.