· Contribute to an assortment of risk-based, challenging internal audit assignments and projects
· Develop business process flowcharts using Visio (or equivalent tools)
· Create control narratives and risk and control matrices for complex business processes
· Interact regularly with process / control owners to understand current business processes, key controls, system dependencies, employee roles / responsibilities, etc.
· Create test plans, gather evidence for testing, and execute testing procedures to determine process / control effectiveness
· Perform control design evaluations and testing of key controls associated with areas under review
· Document testing results through high-quality work papers (i.e., clear description of procedures performed and related audit results / observations)
· Identify root causes of issues and effectively summarize testing results / conclusions
· Draft formal reports for Manager / Director / Partner review and issuance to clients
· Propose meaningful and cost-effective recommendations / solutions for process and/or control improvement to support client remediation needs
· Demonstrate creativity in problem solving and optimizing efficiency and effectiveness of assigned tasks
Skills and Experience:
· Certified CISA, CIA or other standard auditing certification combined with solid internal audit experience.
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting, CPA and/or MBA combined with solid accounting experience are preferred but not required;
· A minimum of two years of experience in public accounting and/or industry performing internal audit;
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams;
· Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of SOX, COSO, SOC 1, and SOC 2;
· Effective analytical and critical thinking abilities;
· Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical, and dependable;
· Strong project management skills;
· High energy with a commitment to quality client service; and
· Very strong performance within a team dynamic.