Manager-level Risk consultants work closely with management of Fortune 500, mid-cap and start-up companies, as well as all levels of CFGI staff from Consultant to Partner. Engagements include Internal Audit, SOX implementation and testing, attestation/certification readiness work, business process improvement projects, compliance and other assessments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
CFGI Managers lead project team fieldwork and interact with clients and their external auditors (or other professional service firms) on many aspects of engagements, including:
· Reviewing Risk controls testing, process narratives, flow charts or procedures for other types of assessments;
· Drafting or reviewing engagement scope, project plans, risk assessments, testing approach and specific procedures;
· Identifying areas for improvement and value-add;
· Drafting reports or other appropriately styled presentations of findings and recommendations;
· Preparation for Audit Committee meetings or other senior management meetings;
· Developing and managing relationships with client management;
· Assisting with managing engagement economics; and
· Business development with new and existing clients
Furthermore, Managers are expected to assist the Firm’s leadership with internal responsibilities for training, internal projects, and the continual improvement of the Risk Advisory team.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
· Certified CISA, CIA or other standard auditing certification combined with solid internal audit experience.
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting, CPA and/or MBA combined with solid accounting experience are preferred but not required;
· 5 to 8 years of experience in public accounting and/or industry performing internal audit;
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams;
· Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of SOX, COSO, SOC 1, and SOC 2;
· Effective analytical and critical thinking abilities;
· Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical, and dependable;
· Strong project management skills;
· High energy with a commitment to quality client service; and
· Very strong performance within a team dynamic.