Senior Manager-level Risk consultants work closely with management of Fortune 500, mid-cap and start-up companies, as well as all levels of CFGI staff from Consultant to Partner. Engagements include Internal Audit, SOX implementation and testing, attestation/certification readiness work, business process improvement projects, compliance and other assessments.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
· May be responsible for managing a small group of individuals on a specific project.
· Working on multiple engagements simultaneously; doing large portions of a particular project with minimal supervision.
· Manage client relationships and deliver professional execution of internal audit engagements.
· Assist in preparing risk assessments and audit plans for clients.
· Drafting or reviewing engagement scope, project plans, risk assessments, testing approach and specific procedures;
· Reviewing Risk controls testing, process narratives, flow charts or procedures for other types of assessments;
· Consult with client management to develop control identification and implementation solutions which work best for the organization.
· Develop new client relationships and sales opportunities; Seek opportunities to expand service offerings to existing clients.
· Responsible for developing and sustaining a controlled environment, eliminating the need for the company to communicate any significant deficiencies to its Audit Committee or disclose any material weaknesses in the form 10-K.
· Implement controls which are SOX compliant and add value without being overly burdensome or restrictive to the organization.
· Perform and document each component of the assessment of the company’s internal controls over financial reporting in a manner which allows the company’s external auditors to leverage as much of the work performed by management as possible, thereby eliminating duplication of work and reducing overall compliance costs.
· Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
· Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
· Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
· Advises senior management regarding matters, such as effective use of resources and methods, for preventing capital being frozen.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· At least 8+ years of experience working in an accounting/ risk advisory role, with at least 3 years at a Big Four or a large national firm;
· Certified CIA or other standard auditing certification combined with solid Internal Audit experience;
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting, CPA and/or MBA combined with solid accounting experience are preferred but not required;
· Bachelor’s degree in the Financial/Accounting field from an accredited university;
· Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of SOX, COSO, SOC reporting;
· Market facing, with experience in selling to new clients, as well as expanding services to existing clients;
· Ability to multi- task between responsibilities, prioritize and handle multiple requests;
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams;
· Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities;
· Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written;
· Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical, and dependable;
· Strong project management skills;
· Expertise is Microsoft Excel for the use of data analysis including the use of pivot tables, v lookups, arrays, etc;
· Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures;