Risk Advisory Senior Manager
Who We Are:
Corporate Finance Group, Inc. (“CFGI”) was founded in 2000 by former Big 4 professionals. CFGI is an established industry leader with the resources to successfully navigate today’s complex accounting, reporting, compliance, tax, and operational finance matters. An assemblage of top-flight professionals with in-depth public accounting expertise, CFGI is able to fulfill a variety of client needs without the restrictions of auditor independence.
We provide our clients with a unique combination of integrity, flexibility, creative solutions, and deep technical expertise. Many of our clients are global, market-leading, publicly-held companies, while others are privately held, early-stage or venture-backed emerging businesses. Here at CFGI, we place a high value on a culture of continued learning, where teamwork is encouraged, and excellent professional service is rewarded. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of very challenging opportunities throughout your career.
Senior Manager-level Risk consultants work closely with senior management of Fortune 500, mid-cap and start-up companies, as well as all levels of CFGI staff from Consultant to Partner. Engagements include Finance Internal Audit, IT Internal Audit, SOX implementation, and testing, attestation/certification readiness work, business process improvement projects, compliance, and other assessments.
CFGI Senior Managers lead project teams and interact with clients and their external auditors (or other professional service firms) on all aspects of engagements, including:
• Reviewing Finance and, if requested, IT controls testing, process narratives, flow charts or procedures for other types of assessments;
• Approving engagement scope, project plans, risk assessments, testing approach, and specific procedures;
• Identifying areas for improvement and value-add;
• Preparing reports or other appropriately styled presentations of findings and recommendations;
• Preparation for, and participation in Audit Committee meetings or other senior management meetings;
• Developing and managing relationships with client management;
• Managing engagement economics; and
• Business development with new and existing clients.
Furthermore, Senior Managers are seen as part of the Firm’s leadership and have internal responsibilities for staff development, training, internal projects, and the continual improvement of the Risk Advisory team.
Who You Are:
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting, MSA, CPA and/or MBA combined with solid accounting experience are preferred but not required;
• Certified CISA, CIA or other standard auditing certification combined with solid internal audit experience.
• 8 to 12 years of experience in public accounting and/or industry performing Internal audit. Experience with systems implementations, or Information Security a plus;
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams;
• Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of SOX IT General Controls, COSO, SOC 1, and SOC 2;
• Awareness of ISO 27001, NIST standards, HIPAA, FAIR, and other relevant standards;
• Effective analytical and critical thinking abilities;
• Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical, and dependable;
• Strong project management skills