Location: Boston MA
As a staff accountant, you will join the internal accounting team in CFGI’s corporate headquarters and you will be a key contributor to the overall business.
CFGI is a unique and highly specialized financial consulting firm that is strategically positioned to help companies through a range of routine and complex business scenarios. As an extension of our clients’ corporate finance team, CFGI works alongside client’s internal staff, serving in a variety of roles – from technical accounting advisor to M&A support to Controller or CFO – and delivering seamless support services.
If CFGI sounds like the right fit, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work you’ll do
Finance & Accounting support
- Support the VP of Finance & Administration and Accounting Manager in carrying out the functions of the accounting group
- Accounts payable – accurately process & record all vendor invoices, obtain payment approval and manage weekly check runs
- Accounts receivable – prepare monthly invoices for review & record revenue, apply cash receipts daily and run weekly AR Aging & Collections report
- Assist with month-end close, including amortization of prepaid expenses, reconciliation of cash, AR, AP, other assets & liabilities
- Perform general account review and analysis on a monthly basis
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as monthly & quarterly reporting package, financial statements, and budgets
Other areas of responsibility
- Support client service personnel by responding to billing requests and inquiries
- Maintain client records, both hard copy & electronic
- Set up new clients in ERP and grant access to client codes to employees
- Other ad-hoc requests that come up from time to time
- Serve as the back-up to the Office & Employee Support Administrator
Who you are
You are detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task. You have great analytical and problem-solving skills. You will do what it takes to ensure deadlines are met and your work product is accurate. You have an ability to prioritize across several buckets of responsibility. You are a team player and can collaborate with other people within the organization. You have excellent time management skills and the proven ability to learn quickly. You like taking on new things and aren’t afraid to bring up new ideas.
Qualifications you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance or business.
- Knowledge of basic office systems & Microsoft suite.
- Knowledge or exposure to software accounting systems a plus
- This position is required to work on-site from 8:30-5:30 (at a minimum) with potential longer hours required during busier times
- Vacations and other time off should be scheduled around busier times if possible and should be coordinated and agreed in advance with as much notice as possible
CFGI offers competitive compensation packages to reward our professionals for their hard work and dedication, including incentive compensation and commission bonuses. CFGI also offers a comprehensive series of benefits to support the well-being and financial growth of our professionals including paid vacation and holiday time, medical, dental, life & AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and 401(k) and employer-sponsored 529 Plans.