We are currently seeking an experienced executive who will have the opportunity to help lead a book of business within our rapidly growing tax accounting services business unit. This will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. This position is responsible for overseeing various tax compliance, tax planning, and accounting for income taxes related to CFGI’s Life Science and High-Technology Industries. The successful candidate will work with business lines, service providers, and other tax professionals in fulfilling his or her responsibilities. In the beginning, tax work is not expected to require 100% of the executive’s time for project management and billable work, as they will be asked to do other tasks including:
· Interviewing and recruiting new tax team members to work under their direction.
· Business Development activity including getting to know the accounting partners at CFGI within this vertical.
A successful executive should understand and be able to apply the appropriate tax accounting to various clients in our Life Science and High Technology practice. They should be able to understand the implications of changes to tax law and how it applies to various clients. The ideal candidate should also understand the GAAP and tax differences for said client industry base and be an expert in this general field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include:
· The ability to reconcile deferred tax assets and liabilities for various clients.
· Following up on state tax questions and audits and engaging other tax departments and SMEs as needed.
· Being able to review and sign complex federal and state tax returns for clients as a paid preparer.
· Monitor state and federal tax laws (and law changes) for compliance or opportunities for our client base.
· Help manage and build a team of professionals.
· Manage and retain multiple client relationships/engagements.
· Understand how to develop an overall engagement budget.
· Consistently meet CFGI’s chargeable hour goals.
· Billing and realization on assigned clients and be able to explain variances.
· Supervise, train, and mentor staff.
· Listen and communicate effectively.
· Be a lead in practice development activities, in conjunction with upper management, that result in the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-selling.
· Demonstrating an ability to effectively present information and appropriately respond to questions from clients and team members.
· Excellent analytical, supervisory, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills necessary.
· Ability to travel as required by the business.
· Building effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service for each of CFGI’s clients.
· Understand what it means to “run your own business” as part of the CFGI team.
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related business field; CPA and / or MBA or Masters in Tax preferred, but not required.
· A minimum of twelve years of related tax and GAAP accounting experience is preferred.
· Comprehensive tax consulting experience and demonstrated expertise in taxation and knowledge of federal and state tax laws and regulation.
· Strong collaboration and teamwork skills, and an ability to adapt to changing priorities and learn new businesses quickly.
· Other key areas to consider: the candidate must demonstrate integrity and accountability, remain adaptable and willing to accept coaching, building and managing professionally healthy relationships, and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
· Leadership skills need to display good judgment and certainty in decision making, taking initiative with job-related demands, demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices, managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals, and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.