· Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly and annual income tax provisions including current and deferred tax analysis in accordance with ASC 740 for multiple clients under the direction of the tax director and Tax Partner.
· Must be knowledgeable in tax accounting theory and tax compliance rules.
· Prepare quarterly and yearly tax provision and tax return work-paper support.
· Prepare stand-alone and consolidated federal and state “C-Corp” income tax returns using tax return software.
· Assist with planning and other special projects.
· Work directly with clients on-site as part of an overall tax team.
· Establish relationships with internal and external tax personnel.
· Perform tax research on various federal, state and international tax issues and prepare tax memorandum.
Skills and Competencies:
· Detail oriented; strong research and analytical skills.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills (oral/written) and interpersonal skills; solid team player.
· Demonstrated ability to be accountable for independently completing assignments.
· Experienced with Microsoft Excel and corporate tax return preparation software; GoSystems/OneSource and/or CorpTax a plus.
· Capable of collaborating and communicating with people of different technical backgrounds and roles.
· Must be self-confident, a self-starter and willing to work in a flexible and dynamic work environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Minimum of 2+ years overall experience in corporate and/or Big-4 public accounting.
· Relevant college degree such as Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred/MST desirable.
· Travel –transportation required; willing to travel to local client sites.