We are currently seeking an experienced executive who will have the opportunity to lead the growth of CFGI’s rapidly growing M&A Tax Practice. This individual would be primarily responsible for advising privately held companies, partnerships, S-Corps, and private equity firms on the tax aspects of structuring, planning, and executing M&A transactions on both the buy-side and sell-side of deals.
As a Tax partner in the practice, you would be responsible for reviewing proposed transactions for tax benefits and risks, advising clients on restructuring transactions, interpreting complex tax rules related primarily to partnership and Sub Chapter S companies, and assessing the various tax consequences on specific transactions.
· Lead national teams on engagements working as part of a multi-disciplinary practice that delivers due diligence and tax structuring services and communicates findings and opportunities to clients.
· Work with and assists other members of the M&A Tax practice with various technical tax issues dealing with S Corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
· Manage due diligence projects by leading client calls and interviewing targets and tax advisors.
· Interviewing and recruiting new tax team members to work under their direction.
· Business Development activity to include getting to know the accounting partners at CFGI within this vertical and identifying additional revenue streams (pull-through tax work) within our client base.
· Attract, develop, and retain top talent and serve as a mentor and coach for emerging leaders.
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related business field; CPA and / or MBA or Masters in Tax preferred, but not required.
· 12+ years of public accounting, corporate tax, or law firm experience in federal tax compliance and tax consulting pertaining to planning, research, and general mergers and acquisitions activities.
· Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters in various industries.
· Proven record of managing multiple projects and engagements teams.
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
· Excellent research and writing skills.
· Other key areas to consider: the candidate must demonstrate integrity and accountability, always remain flexible, adaptable, and willing to accept coaching, building and managing professionally healthy relationships, and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
· Leadership skills need to display good judgment and certainty in decision making, taking initiative with job-related demands, demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices, managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals, and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.