Corporate Finance Group, Inc. (“CFGI”) was founded in 2000 by former Big 4 professionals. CFGI is an established industry leader with the resources to successfully navigate today’s complex accounting, reporting, compliance and tax landscape. An assemblage of top-flight professionals with in-depth public accounting expertise, CFGI is able to fulfill a variety of client needs without the restrictions of auditor independence.
We provide our clients with a unique combination of integrity, flexibility, creative solutions, and deep technical expertise. Many of our clients are global, market leading, publicly held companies, while others are privately held, private equity-owned, early stage or venture backed emerging businesses. Here at CFGI we place a high value on a culture of continued learning, where teamwork is encouraged, and excellent professional service is rewarded. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of very challenging opportunities throughout your career.
· Support buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements, providing financial and business due diligence assistance to corporations and private equity investors.
· Analyze target company data to identify historical and projected operating trends, quality of earnings/assets, pro forma financials, working capital calculations, debt and debt-like items and other potential liabilities/risks which impact valuation of and negotiation with the target company.
· Responsible for working with senior team members on multiple complex engagements simultaneously.
· Manage and coordinate approach of client, CFGI engagement teams, and third- party diligence providers throughout the transaction process.
Skills and Competencies:
· Strong current knowledge of GAAP.
· Ability to multi- task between responsibilities, prioritize and handle multiple requests.
· Strong analytical ability.
· Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
· Expertise in Microsoft Excel for the use of data analysis, including the use of pivot tables, v lookups, arrays, PowerPivot, PowerQuery, etc.
· Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
Education and Experience Requirements:
· At least five years of experience working in an assurance or transaction advisory role within a Big Four firm.
· Professional services background and CPA preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in the Financial/Accounting field from an accredited university.
· Ability to travel up to 20%, depending on client needs.