David is a Managing Director in our Capital Markets Practice and has over 24 years of experience in providing accounting and financial reporting advisory services to public and private companies of all sizes. His experience spans a variety of industries including Power & Utilities, Oil & Gas, Consumer Products, Manufacturing and Life Sciences, among other industries. David is a subject matter expert in SEC reporting with extensive experience in complex capital markets transactions, including debt and equity IPOs and mergers. He assists clients with IPO and merger readiness, navigating complex and routine SEC reporting matters, understanding and implementing the fast-changing SEC rules and regulations (e.g., Regulations S-X and S-K), preparing pre-clearance letters and helping clients respond to comment letters from the SEC.
Prior to joining CFGI, David spent 24 years at Deloitte and served over 12 years in its National Office Accounting and Reporting Services in Stamford, Connecticut as a subject matter expert in SEC reporting. David was also a Senior Manager in Deloitte’s Detroit audit practice for 12 years.
Education, Licenses & Certifications
- Licensed CPA in Connecticut & Michigan.
- B.S.B.A in Accounting (University of Detroit-Mercy).
- IPO Readiness.
- Merger Readiness.
- Capital Markets Transactions (e.g., Registration Statements on Form S-1, S-3, S-4, S-8, Form 10, Rule 144A, etc.).
- SEC Rules & Regulations (e.g., Regulations S-X and S-K).
- SEC Reporting (e.g., registrant financial statements, MD&A, Article 11 pro forma information, carve-out financial statements, Rule 3-05 – acquiree financial reporting, Rule 3-09 – equity method investment reporting, Rules 3-10, 13-01, 13-02 – guarantor reporting, etc.).
- Business Combinations, including reverse mergers, SPACs, etc.