· Lead project teams engaged in the successful delivery of CFGI’s business cycle service offering.
· Create and execute a comprehensive implementation plan to streamline close, consolidation, and financial reporting.
· Perform current state assessment to define the client’s existing RTR process, identifying systems, data flow, stakeholders, manual requirements, client pain points, inefficiencies, risks, and opportunities.
· Advise on procedural improvements resulting from more optimized use of existing technology and automation in the RTR process.
· Recommend technology investments to address client challenges based on understanding of existing processes.
· Serve as liaison between the client’s leadership and functional teams to bridge organizational strategy with process optimization at the task level.
· Help develop strategies by assessing a client’s business challenges/needs/gaps, diagnosing the root problems, and recommending an approach leveraging CFGI assets.
· Identify and support business development initiatives; participate in and lead aspects of the proposal development process.
· Develop thought leadership in areas of high importance to RTR clients.
· Maintain an understanding of advancements in technology and innovations which are happening across digital, analytics, and the broader marketplace.
· Work alongside key client stakeholders to develop work plans with proper activities, resource engagement and assignment, expected outcomes and timing.
· Assume tasks within the defined scope to drive execution and delivery, as needed.
· Identify when additional CFGI resources might be needed to support additional tasks or expanded scope.
· Streamline and automate timely reporting of project status to key stakeholders.
· Facilitate upward communication as requested with Project Sponsors, Executive Leadership or Board of Directors.
· Constantly be present in client conversations to uncover new needs and be able to speak to CFGI service offerings that can benefit the client and address their needs.
· Maintain a clear focus on providing exceptional client service at every opportunity.
· Fully develop and maintain client relationships at all levels within the client’s organization to gain stakeholder trust, become a true business partner that can communicate complex ideas, and gain stakeholder buy-in.
· Actively participate in the development of the BT practice and related infrastructure.
· Maintain a professional and positive attitude.
· Comprehensive understanding or deep expertise in the record-to-report core business cycle, operating models, organizational structures, and process best practices.
· Proven experience in engagement management, leading projects and project teams.
· Effective communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate with clients, document requirements, and articulate the value proposition and business case for Business Transformation solutions.
· Independent leadership abilities, capable of driving successful outcomes and ensuring client satisfaction in client engagements.
· Strong project management skills, enabling timely reporting and progress updates.
· Willingness to actively participate in internal business leadership, practice development, and initiatives focused on growth and development of team members.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
· A motivated finance-focused individual with a minimum of 10+ years of combined experience in industry, finance and strategic consulting, as well as operational finance and accounting.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully lead transformation teams in various aspects of the transformation journey, including strategy development, planning, delivery, and execution.
· Experience in professional service consulting and/or client engagement management.
· In-depth knowledge of the end-to-end record-to-report (RTR) process, encompassing pre-close setup, AP cutoff, close, consolidation, reporting, and accounting policy.
· Ability to define best-in-class practices for all aspects of financial reporting (chart of accounts, journal entries, intercompany transfers and allocations, AP, AR, and asset management).
· Possesses functional, technical, and/or business knowledge related to people, processes, and technology in the context of accounting and finance operations.
· Familiarity with ERP and financial close software such as SAP, Workday, NetSuite, Sage Intacct, FloQast, Blackline, etc.
· Project management experience is a plus, showcasing the ability to plan, organize, and execute projects effectively.
· Experience in the biotech, pharmaceuticals, or life sciences industries is a plus, indicating an understanding of their specific reporting needs and regulations.