· Oversee inventory and cost accounting processes, including standard cost development and month-end closing activities.
· Lead inventory reconciliations, analysis of material, labor, and overhead variances, as well as the development of key inventory controls.
· Document and perform all work in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
· Help develop finance strategies by assessing a client’s business challenges/needs/gaps, diagnosing the root problems, and recommending an approach leveraging CFGI assets.
· Develop and apply an understanding of sales and spending trends, to manage financial risk and identify opportunities.
· Provide best-in-class business partnering support, and deliver quality reports and analysis used to make informed business decisions.
· Identify and support CFGI business development initiatives; participate in certain aspects of the proposal development process.
· Maintain an understanding of advancements in technology and innovations which are happening across digital, analytics, the CFO ecosystem, and broader marketplace.
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience with Alteryx or Power BI software is a plus.
· Knowledge of ERP technologies (i.e., SAP / Oracle / Workday / NetSuite / Microsoft Dynamics).
· Experience in manufacturing environments is preferred.
· Project Management experience is a plus.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
· Finance-focused with a minimum of eight years of experience in finance and/or accounting. Client service experience in top professional services firms (i.e., Big 4 or large regional) is highly preferred, but not required. CPA or CMA certification is preferred.
· Advanced understanding of the cost accounting function within an organization, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
· Experience partnering with operations teams.
· Strong proficiency in cost analysis, budgeting, and financial modeling.
· Significant engagement management experience, as well as business, practice, and people development.
· Ability to concurrently manage internal firm and external client requirements.
· Experience with finance technologies such as Adaptive Workday, Planful, OneStream, Anaplan, Cognos, Oracle Hyperion, Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, Fusion, etc. is a plus.
· Experience leading projects/teams and the ability to lead key requirement workshops with clients.
· Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with clients, document requirements, and articulate the value proposition and business case for various finance transformation solutions.