CFGI is a unique and highly specialized financial consulting firm that is strategically positioned to assist the office of the CFO through a range of routine and complex business scenarios. As an extension of your corporate finance team, CFGI works alongside your internal staff, serving in a variety of roles from technical accounting advisor, M&A support, tax services, etc. delivering seamless support services.
Reporting to the VP of HR, the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) will play an integral role in owning and managing several areas of performance management and employee relations. In this role, the individual will have a high level of people interaction; the ideal candidate must be able to operate effectively across the full range of HR disciplines and be able to work with Firm Management and Senior HR colleagues. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to support a complex and fast-paced business, with responsibilities over a range of interesting and challenging initiatives. The HRBP will be responsible for managing change within a fast-paced, dynamic and progressive organization while maintaining a commitment to the Firm’s vision, spirit, and culture.
We are looking for a talented leader who will lead our efforts to continue building our HRBP team and function. You should be a strategic self-starter, but more importantly, process-oriented and operationally driven. You should be able to work independently at times but also collaborate with your team, as well as fellow departments and practice line leaders to identify needs and solutions. Above all, you should be a client service leader who is focused on helping your team members be their best and continually learn new skills.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
· Engage and manage relationships with geographically diverse client service groups and internal teams, including CFGI’s senior management and employees.
· Provide general HR leadership and guidance to partners, managing directors, and employees in the areas of performance management, goal/objective setting and milestone development, coaching, staffing issues, employee relations, compensation, and organizational development.
· Effectively address employee relations issues as needed to conduct investigations.
· Provide coaching, counseling, and conflict resolution; support managers and employees on documenting and communicating performance feedback, including any development steps and processes as needed.
· Oversee and execute key year-end processes, including compensation, promotions, talent reviews and performance management.
· Liaise with other departments within and outside of HR (i.e., Accounting/Finance, Talent Acquisition, and Business Operations) as necessary to resolve issues.
· Participate in the implementation of Human Resources policies, programs, practices, and processes and communicating so employees and managers clearly understand purpose and expectations.
· Support diversity and inclusion efforts at the Firm.
· Actively participate in and manage HR projects as needed.
· Oversee work of junior team members, once the HRBP team is built out further.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
· Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of Human Resources generalist experience, preferably in a high growth, professional services environment.
· Strong client and interpersonal focus with outstanding judgment, analytical skills, critical thinking, and communication skills. We are seeking a team player with strong influencing skills and demonstrated ability or aptitude for team leadership and collaboration.
· Ability to handle fast-paced workloads for practice lines and internal operational departments.
· Demonstrated knowledge of performance management and compensation and the factors that play a key role in performance management and compensation decision-making processes.
· Experience with MS Office tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and Performance Snapshot is a plus.
· Strong and proven leadership skills and direct supervisory experience of a team and strong team-building skills are preferred, as this role will eventually morph into a people management position.
· Self-starter with commitment to excellence and strong project management skills; precise attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills.
· Desire to make a meaningful impact at a fast-growing professional services company.
· Ability to maintain professional and approachable demeanor to effectively handle sensitive employee inquiries and maintain credible rapport.
· Great listener while showing attentiveness, flexibility, patience, and empathy.
· Must be able to use own judgment and act on own initiative to achieve appropriate results.