Risk Advisory Senior Managers are critically important project leaders who help our clients navigate the complexities of SOX, deliver internal controls focused projects, and coach and develop our people. Our clients represent a broad range of public or soon-to-be public companies, from new IPOs, mid and large cap companies, and Fortune 1000s.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leads multiple concurrent SOX projects in various maturity stages (new implementation, recurring projects, and limited/defined scope projects).
· Executes projects with minimal supervision by more senior individuals.
· Sets realistic deadlines with the client and internally with the team.
· Seen as the principle point of contact by the client and CFGI leadership for each project.
· Schedules and manages teams/individuals of various staff level(s) based upon project need and scope.
· Effectively manages the workload of the various teams/individuals, while making progress towards project milestones to deliver work on-time and on-budget.
· Actively manages project budgets and evaluates whether there have been changes to budgetary assumptions; obtains client approval to perform any additional services in advance of incurring time.
· Ensures the team member timecards are submitted timely and accurately; responsible for the review of budget-to-actuals and review of invoices.
· Communicates project status frequently (via email, phone, virtually, and/or in person) to the client and to the project’s Partner.
· Fluency in implementing SOX for newly public companies, including the design of age/stage appropriate controls, providing practical guidance and controls implementation and the management of/remediation of gaps and deficiencies.
· Expert proficiency in drafting and reviewing control design language, flowcharts, narratives, IPE, and determining system(s) and application(s) scoping.
· Advanced understanding of Big 4 sampling, testing, and deficiency evaluation methodologies.
· In-depth experience in the review of SOC-1 Type II reports and relevant CUEC mapping, including sub-service organizations.
· Working proficiency and understanding of IT General Controls, SEC guidance as it pertains to the SOX requirements for different filer types, PCAOB, and AICPA audit standards.
· Leads by example.
· Provides constructive, in-the-moment feedback and formal written feedback.
· Identifies development opportunities for individuals and strategically schedules people in those roles.
· Responsible for the morale of their teams.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· 8 – 10 years of direct, client service/ client facing experience in commercial audit, risk advisory, or technical accounting, with at a minimum 6 years at a Big Four or a large national firm.
· Undergraduate degree in accounting or similar field from an accredited university.
· CPA and/or MBA combined with solid accounting experience are preferred but not required.
· Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task between responsibilities, prioritize and manage multiple requests.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
· Exceptional virtual and in-person executive presence.
· Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical, and dependable.
· As a professional, you must understand the unique pressures of client service and the occasional challenges of unpredictable working hours to meet project deadlines and/or client requests for travel, as necessary.