CFGI, Inc. seeks a highly motivated individual to direct and manage its team of tax managers, senior associates, and associates in a fast-paced and tax technically challenging work environment. CFGI consults with some of the largest and smallest clients in the world on technical accounting and tax matters. Its unique client base ranges from venture backed privately held companies to global multi-billion-dollar Fortune 500 Companies. This provides for a unique work environment for highly motived self-starters to continue and enhance their careers.
This position reports directly to the Partner-in-Charge of Tax and will require an in-depth knowledge of corporate global and U.S. planning, tax accounting (“ASC 740”) and compliance. The individual in this position should have a proven record of building successful tax teams and working closely with executive and operational leadership both within CFGI and within the “C” Suite of executives that are part of CFGI’s client base.
· Assist in the Review of quarterly and annual income tax provisions including current and deferred tax analysis in accordance with ASC 740 for multiple clients.
· Have a deep knowledge base in tax accounting theory and tax compliance rules.
· Review stand-alone and consolidated federal and state “C-Corp” income tax returns prepared by tax managers and other tax staff.
· Assist with planning and other special projects.
· Work directly with clients on-site as part of an overall tax team.
· Participate and actively contribute to new business development activities.
· Establish relationships with internal and external tax personnel; support other team members.
· Experience and continued interest in developing and mentoring junior team members.
· Have an established track rack record of successful new business development experience.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills (oral/written) and interpersonal skills; solid team player.
· Ability to manage multiple engagements which include consulting, compliance, and tax planning services.
· Experience managing income tax provision process and related footnote disclosures on an annual and quarterly basis.