Corporate Finance Group, Inc. (“CFGI”) was founded in 2000 by former Big 4 professionals. CFGI is an established industry leader with the resources to successfully navigate today’s complex accounting, reporting, compliance and now tax landscape. An assemblage of top-flight professionals with in-depth public accounting expertise, CFGI can fulfill a variety of client needs without the restrictions of auditor independence.
We provide our clients with a unique combination of integrity, flexibility, creative solutions, and deep tax technical expertise. Many of our clients are global, market leading, publicly held companies, while others are privately held, early stage, or venture-backed emerging businesses. Here at CFGI, we place a high value on a culture of continued learning, where teamwork is encouraged, and professional excellence is rewarded. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career.
We are currently seeking an experienced executive who will have the opportunity to help lead the establishment of our fast-growing Flow-Through services business unit. It will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations, while managing the impact tax has on their business. This position is responsible for overseeing various tax compliance, tax planning, and consulting for income tax matters related to CFGI’s Flow-Through Structured Clients.
The ideal candidate will work with business lines, service providers, and other tax professionals in fulfilling his or her responsibilities. In the beginning, tax work is not expected to require 100% of the executive’s time for project management or billable work, as they will be asked to do other tasks including:
· Interviewing and recruiting new tax team members to work under their direction.
· Business Development activity, including getting to know the accounting partners at CFGI within this vertical.
· Identifying additional revenue streams within our existing clients.
A successful executive will understand and be able to apply the appropriate tax accounting to businesses and ancillary investments as needed. They will be able to understand the implications of changes to tax law and how it applies to various Flow-Through Legal Structures. They will also understand the GAAP and tax differences for Flow-Through Companies and work to become an expert this general field.
· Review and sign off on complex federal and state returns (1065’s and 1120-S) for clients as a paid preparer.
· Monitor state and federal tax laws (and law changes) for compliance or opportunities.
· Review K-1s for various reporting/investment/disclosure requirements.
· Provide clients with verbal and/or technical memos on tax issues pertaining to partnership taxation and tax reform.
· Assist with planning and other special projects.
· Build effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service for each of CFGI’s clients.
· Build an internal team of managers and consultants and display a continued interest in developing/mentoring junior team members.
· Establish relationships with internal tax leaders.
· Take the lead in practice development activities in conjunction with upper management that result in the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-selling.
· Understand how to develop overall engagement budgets and consistently meet chargeable hour goals as further defined by the Firm.
· Responsible for billing and realization on assigned clients and the ability to explain variances.
· Ability to travel as required by the business.
· Understand what it means to “run your own business” as part of the CFGI team.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and appropriately respond to questions from clients and team members.
· Knowledge of private equity-related tax adjustments, partner allocations, foreign filings, and other client filing obligations.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under deadlines.
· Excellent analytical, supervisory, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
· Demonstrated ability to be accountable for independently completing assignments.
· Experienced with Microsoft Excel and corporation/partnership tax software.
· Capable of collaborating and communicating with people of different technical backgrounds and roles.
· Must be self-confident, a self-starter, and willing to work in a flexible and dynamic work environment.
· 10+ years of experience, either in Big-4 or large, regional public accounting firms or a mix of public accounting and industry experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Master’s in taxation and/or CPA/MBA/EA is preferred.
· Comprehensive tax consulting experience and demonstrated expertise in taxation and knowledge of federal and state tax laws and regulation pertaining to Flow-Through Structures; tax and GAAP accounting knowledge required.
· Strong collaboration and teamwork skills, and an ability to adapt to changing priorities and learn new businesses quickly.
· Other key areas to consider: the ideal candidate must demonstrate integrity and accountability, always remaining flexible, adaptable, and willing to accept coaching, building and managing professionally healthy relationships, and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
· Analytical ability to navigate work-related situations with practicality, sound reasoning, and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
· Leadership skills that display good judgment and certainty in decision making, taking initiative with job-related demands, demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices, managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals, and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.