This position reports directly to the leader in charge of State and Local Taxes and will require an in-depth knowledge of corporate state income tax, indirect taxes and state compliance. The individual in this position should have a proven record of managing successful tax teams.
· Review stand-alone and consolidated state “C-Corp” income tax returns prepared by tax managers and other tax staff.
· Assist with planning and other special projects.
· Establish relationships with internal and external tax personnel; support other CFGI team members.
· Experience and interest in developing and mentoring junior team members.
· Knowledge of the evaluation process and enhancement of client’s Indirect tax processes and/or systems.
· Possess a deep knowledge of state and local tax sales and use tax laws and regulations.
· Experience with planning, restructuring, audit defense, reverse audits and controversy work.
· Experience with Sales Tax software applications such as Avalara and Vertex.
· Ability to conduct tax research related to consolidated/unitary filing requirements, apportionment methodologies, and various multi-state issues.
· Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills (oral/written) and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to be accountable for independently completing assignments.
· Minimum of 1-2+ years of broad-based, relevant Big 4 accounting/or corporate tax experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field; Master’s in Taxation/CPA/JD preferred.
· Travel –transportation required; willing to travel to local client sites.