CFGI seeks a highly motivated tax manager to function in a fast-paced and technically challenging work environment. CFGI’s unique client base of venture/PE- backed privately held companies to global multi-billion dollar fortune 500 Companies provides for a unique environment for highly motived self-starters to continue and enhance their careers.
This position reports directly to CFGI’s R&D tax credit leader and requires an in-depth knowledge of R&D tax credits and the Orphan Drug Credit, as well as experience with technical R&D tax credit issues and thorough knowledge of the statutory requirements, applicable tax regulations and relevant case law. Candidates should have significant experience analyzing organizations and conducting client interviews to identify, document and maximize opportunities to enhance the R&D tax credit benefit in an efficient and sustainable manner. Prior exam defense experience, as well as experience with Accounting Methods or various other Tax Credits and Incentives is preferred but not required.
· Lead R&D credit studies and complete or directly oversee all related activities from information gathering through interviews, documentation review and completion of deliverables.
· Provide quality assurance on R&D projects, engagement review and exam support where needed.
· Develop and sustain excellent client relationships with the ability to identify and address client needs.
· Have excellent research and writing skills with regards to technical issues.
· Assist with business development activities.
· Assist with identification and evaluation of technology solutions to drive efficiencies without sacrificing quality.
· Assist other project managers with the delivery of engagements.
· Possess a supporting interest in developing and mentoring junior team members.
· Detail oriented; strong research and analytical skills.
· Excellent communication skills, with the ability to conduct client meetings and serve as a lead point of contact with clients.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to be accountable for independently completing assignments.
· Must be self-confident, a self-starter, and willing to work in a flexible and dynamic work environment.
· Four plus years of relevant public accounting/or corporate tax experience with significant exposure to R&D Tax Credit projects and related activities.
· Experience in Big-4 public accounting firms.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field; master’s in taxation/CPA/JD preferred.
· Travel – own transportation required; be willing to travel to local client sites.