Process standardization, technology integration and automation are all great ways to increase business capacity and give employees more time to focus on value-driven work.
No longer tethered to transactional or inefficient tasks, Finance teams can be redirected toward more meaningful and strategic work. This is especially important at a time when Finance organizations are increasingly expected to work shoulder-to-shoulder as a partner to the business, helping guide and implement key strategic decisions.
We believe that the CFO’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function, which sits at the intersection of financial knowledge and business value, will become increasingly relevant and important. We see a world in which transactional accounting and reporting are becoming increasingly standardized and automated, and business finance (i.e., FP&A) is growing in both size and visibility.
Many finance teams are not properly prepared to support this strategic direction, either as a result of poorly aligned technology, inadequate employee skills or ineffective analytics tools. Working with an expert Finance Transformation partner can remove those obstacles and help
FP&A teams realize their full potential and inform business strategy decision-making.
An expert partner with unparalleled expertise, experience and support
At CFGI we have hired the perfect balance of strategic and operational minded FP&A professionals who are able to service any of our clients’ needs with our hands-on approach. Our collective roster has vast experience across several major Fortune 500 companies and all industry verticals from CFO down to analyst level. All of our FP&A professionals have one objective in mind: helping our clients optimize their FP&A function by delivering modern solutions across people, process and technology. We deliver sustainable solutions that will generate more value-added predictive analytics and outcomes to solidify their seats at the decision-making table.
Representative FP&A Experience:
Our FP&A solutions tailored to your specific needs
CFGI offers services across the entire FP&A spectrum to either enhance or replace existing FP&A processes or create brand new capabilities.
Strategic Financial Planning
Support strategic business decision-making through data-driven financial modeling.
- Build robust budgets that align functional objectives with corporate goals and initiatives.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts of data on a periodic basis to track performance throughout the year.
- Model and plan resource capacity to ensure business objectives are met and functions are properly staffed, while gaining cost efficiencies.
- Create detailed capital expenditure plans to guide investment initiatives.
- Develop comprehensive long-range plans to meet stakeholder requests and prepare for event-led transformations (IPO, M&A).
Reporting & Analysis
Cleanse and consolidate data derived from various sources to deliver quality reports and analysis used to make informed business decisions.
- Develop and track leading key performance indicators (KPIs) across any industry or function.
- Produce three-statement financial models to inform management on the current state of business operations, whether it’s a public company or a startup.
- Design tailored management/operational reporting capabilities for financial/operational stakeholders to track performance.
- Provide guidance on business outlook to satisfy external reporting requirements.
- Utilize leading business intelligence platforms (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI) to produce captivating data visualization and dashboarding features to highlight the story behind your data.
- Establish self-service reporting techniques to put data back in the hands of operational stakeholders.
Cross-Functional Business Partnering
Provide best in-class immersive business partnering support and earn the coveted role as a trusted advisor.
- PMO key change management initiatives to ensure operational and process alignment, while promoting functional integration and buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Track return on investment (ROI) across M&A, expansion or build-outs of new ventures.
- Advance business case development and support to illustrate potentials of
- Develop routine cost & profitability analyses to keep a pulse on leading financial indicators across departments.
Interim Management Support
Provide on-demand interim management services to the Office of the CFO.
- Integrate seamlessly into your organization to fill some of your most critical core, functional and specialized roles, including but not limited to:
- Financial Analyst.
- FP&A Manager.
- VP of Finance.
- Director of FP&A.
- Financial planning systems design and optimization experience (e.g., Adaptive Planning, Oracle Hyperion, Planful, Anaplan) combined with leading business intelligence platforms (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI).
- Develop target operating models to realize the full capabilities of a strong FP&A function.
- Provide interim support while concurrently implementing best-in-class process designs to maximize efficiencies.
Voice of the Customer
Voice of the Customer
CFGI had the responsibility of building out our FP&A function for most of 2020 and quickly gained the trust and respect of the ITCI stakeholders from CFO to Controller level. Among several FP&A process improvements, they were instrumental in helping us design a budgeting and planning process/template for clinical trials in the new Oracle PBCS system. CFGI's team has great organizational skills and a talent for explaining technical terms to non-technical people, which is paramount in business partnering.
CFGI has been a valued member of the team since starting at GCP. They have been able to provide good perspective on the business with little prior knowledge of our products and practices. By learning our systems and tools quickly CFGI was able to utilize data to help management make strategic decisions. The CFGI team's strong Excel model building skills have helped us to enhance some existing models and build new ones.
CFGI has been a valuable teammate and 'go-to' resource for the Corporate FP&A team. They are excellent communicators and did a great job in collaborating cross functionally in support of a strategic long-range model build-out. I have been very pleased with the quality of CFGI's work and work ethic.