Access the knowledge and savvy to lead your critical finance and accounting projects
With CFGI, you have immediate access to leading-edge technical expertise. With the business savvy to quickly resolve complex accounting and finance issues, our consulting professionals have deep experience in providing practical solutions for your most pressing accounting needs.
For each engagement we undertake, CFGI works to establish a strong collaborative relationship — while keeping a continual eye on the solutions that best fit your business.
Accounting for complex transactions
Our team of professionals can rapidly analyze your business and apply sound judgement to assist you in dealing with the most complex accounting issues and transactions. Whether it’s analyzing proposed transactions to model the proposed accounting or assisting in formalizing the final accounting positions, our team has the depth of experience and knowledge to deliver sound advice on the tightest of timelines.
We provide expertise for a wide range of accounting issues including:
- Adoption of new accounting standards including:
- Revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Accounting for leases (ASC 842)
- Current expected credit losses (ASC 326)
- Accounting for acquisitions and divestitures
- Acquisition accounting
- Discontinued operations
- Asset acquisitions
- Reverse mergers
- SEC reporting requirements including pro forma financial statements
- Preparation of carve-out financial statements
- Revenue recognition
- Multiple element arrangements
- Accounting for collaborations
- Gross-to-net accounting
- Warranty accounting
- New revenue system implementation
- Accounting for debt and equity financings
- Determining equity vs. liability classification
- Analysis of embedded derivatives
- Accounting for modification or extinguishments
- Accounting for stock-based compensation
- IPO readiness
- Project planning and management
- Financial statement preparation
- Audit support
- Developing of public company readiness work plan
- Accounting for investments
- Accounting for joint ventures and variable interest entities
- Equity method investments
- Investments in debt and equity securities (ASC 320)
- Public company accounting issues
- Earnings per share
- Segment reporting
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- IFRS conversions
- Conversions from IFRS to US GAAP
External reporting & processes
Our finance and accounting professionals assist clients in building and enhancing their external reporting process. We help clients with financial reporting including:
- Preparation of SEC filings including 10Ks, 10Qs and S-1.
- Assist foreign private filers with their initial registration statements.
- SEC comment letter response preparation.
- Assistance with SEC pre-clearance letters.
- Process improvement assistance, including:
- Assessment of organizational needs for developing a public company financial reporting process.
- Internal control assessments.
More than consultants
CFGI’s cross-functional experts are highly collaborative professionals who are dedicated to maximizing the performance of your finance and accounting department.
We don’t see the finance function merely as a set of transactions. We view it as a strategic company asset and an opportunity to fuel lasting transformation and drive better business outcomes.
Whether you need help with a specific operational finance workflow or comprehensive technical accounting guidance as you take on finance transformation, we can help.