Angela Barcelos is a Partner and co-leads the Risk Advisory practice at CFGI and brings fourteen years of experience to her clients, providing complex accounting advisory services to companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. She focuses on providing her clients with solutions to build strong, efficient internal control systems and practices that support their strategic objectives.
During her career at CFGI, Angela has led dozens of SOX, process improvement, and Internal Audit engagements. Highlights of these engagements include:
- Assisting public companies in remediating material weaknesses in their internal control environment.
- Supporting multiple clients in implementing systems/applications to improve operating and financial reporting efficiency and effectiveness
- Serving as the Director of Internal Audit, including overseeing the risk management and SOX program, performing internal audits, and reporting to the Audit Committee.
- Establishing and maintaining a SOX program for companies in various stages; companies in different industries; and companies with both a domestic and international presence. These engagements typically entail performing a risk and scoping assessment, creating or updating control documentation (narratives, flowcharts, matrices, etc.), performing walkthroughs, educating control/process owners on control execution best practices, creating and/or standardizing company-wide policies and procedures, and performing control testing.
- Working closely with the company’s external auditors, management, and the Audit Committee to ensure the internal control program meets all respective parties’ needs, objectives and goals;
- Performing ad-hoc audits (for example, whistleblower hotline investigations; purchasing/procurement efficiency audits, etc.)
- Providing management and those charged with governance with insight on internal controls best practices and industry and regulatory trends.